Back to School Week 2017: Quick and Easy Weekday Meals

by - July 25, 2017



With school in full gear, I don't want to spend more than 20 minutes preparing my meals. While meal prepping would be a better option, if I'm in a rush or just need to eat I have a few meals I know I'll love and can make pretty quickly. These meals are perfect for week days because of school, studying, or work. I tried to incorporate a few breakfast, lunch, and dinner options but the choice is up to you. You do you.
(Disclaimer: I'm not a nutritionist, I don't know worry too much about macros or weighing my foods, but I do try keep my meals at a reasonable calorie amount.)




1. Sriracha Pineapple Cauliflower Fried Rice with Fried egg


Super simple, yummy, under 15 min, and low calorie. That's really all you need to know haha. 

Ingredients: Sriracha, canned pineapple chunks in juice, frozen pre-made cauliflower rice, egg, green onion, sesame oil, low sodium soy sauce, and ground black pepper. 

How to make: 

  1. Fry egg to how you like it. Set aside for later
  2. While egg is frying, heat cauliflower rice according to package instructions. I use a 1/3 of Trader Joe's cauliflower rice package.
  3. Mix rice with cut pineapple chunks, 3-4 drops of sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon of sriracha, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, chopped green onions, ground black pepper to taste. (I usually eyeball it so I'm sorry if my measurements are off >.<)
  4. With the same pan you used for the fried egg, fry your mixed cauliflower rice for 3 min on medium, or until most of the water has evaporated.
  5. Place fried rice in bowl, top with fried egg, green onions, and more sriracha if you like.

2. Korean Marinated Chicken and Red Cabbage

This may seem like a complicated recipe at first, but its very quick once you get the hang of it and prepare ahead of time.

Ingredients: Chicken breast, pre-made Korean marinade for chicken (jar), red cabbage, ground black pepper, salt, rice.

How to make:

  1. Slice chicken breast to preferred size.
  2. Place slices into a ziplock bag, and pour in korean marinade (according to jar).
  3. Leave overnight. 
  4. The next day when you're ready to eat, heat up a frying pan on medium high.
  5. Wash red cabbage and slice.
  6. Place chicken in heated pan and let the chicken fully cook until browned.
  7. Steam the cabbage in a steam bag or on the stove (covered with a little water).
  8. Season cabbage with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
  9. Warm up your rice, and enjoy!

3. Naan Pizza


When you're craving pizza, but don't want to feel guilty, naan pizza is the way to go. Way less grease, and plenty of options to make it healthy! 

Ingredients: Basics are Naan bread, alfredo or tomato pasta sauce, and mozzarella cheese. The toppings ares up to you! I like to add any mix of pepperoni, spinach, garlic powder, pineapples, ricotta, ham.

How to make:

  1. Heat oven to bake at 325degrees.
  2. Add your choice of sauce to naan.
  3. Sprinkle all of the cheeses you want. I like A LOT. 
  4. I placed my spinach next, then pepperoni, and sprinkle of garlic powder.
  5. Place on oven rack for 5-10 min, or until the naan crisps.

4. Upgraded Shin Ramyun


College is for instant ramen. Med school is for sophisticated instant ramen. I have been obsessed with these noodles and the little twist I put by adding a few different ingredients. The Shin Ramyun is savory and a little spicy. This is also a very large serving of ramen with all of the added ingredients, so I usually make one package for my boyfriend and I to share, so trust me when I say it is plenty for two people.

Ingredients: Shin ramyun (red package), boiled eggs, enoki mushrooms, green onion, and white american cheese.

How to make:

  1. Boil water in a pot according to package. 
  2. While the water is boiling, slice the green onions lengthwise.
  3. Wash and slice root off of the enoki mushrooms.
  4. Boil eggs if needed.
  5. Place noodles and enoki in boiling water, along with the included seasoning packets.
  6. After 3-5 min, remove pot from stove.
  7. Add egg, cheese, and spring onion!
  8. Make sure to mix the cheese in and the broth will become very creamy.

5. Baked Parmesan Salmon

This one is probably the easiest recipe on this post. You just sprinkle seasonings, pop in the oven, and come back 15 minutes later. It's really yummy and best paired with veggies, pasta, or anything you want!

Ingredients: fresh salmon (no skin, bones), grated parmesan, ground pepper, salt, italian seasoning (dry oregano and parsley flakes), and garlic powder.

How to make:



  1. Preheat oven/toaster oven to bake on 400degrees.
  2. Roll out a sheet of foil, enough to fold over your piece of salmon.
  3. Spray foil with canola oil or small drop of olive oil. (Optional. Salmon has a lot of natural fats that will melt down during the bake)
  4. Place salmon face down. 
  5. Sprinkle with ground pepper, pinch of salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parmesan -- as much as or little as you want!
  6. Rub in the seasonings, flip and repeat!
  7. With the top side up, fold over your foil so that your salmon is full secure and covered.
  8. Depending on the size of the salmon and the strength of your toaster oven it could take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @medlifemotive