Back to School Week 2017: What's in my Bag? Med School Edition

by - July 27, 2017

At my school, classes begin at 8am and can end anywhere from 12pm to 5pm. Even after classes end, I need to stay afterwards to study with classmates or in the university's library. My bag is my "home away from home" while I'm out for the day, literally. I am a prepared and organized packer, so that means I load my bag with small bags filled with everything I could possibly need throughout the day.



The first thing I need is a large purse that can hold everything but still look classy with our business casual outfits everyday. My mother gifted me this Coach crossgrain black leather tote bag. This is a simple and classy purse that also has a zip which I love for keeping all of my little things safely in the bag.


Wallet/Phone/Keys

With the purse, my mom also gifted me the Coach Halftone Floral wristlet. It contains anything I need for on the go. So just the essential cards, my school badge, and most importantly.... CHAPSTICK. And also very obviously, my phone and car keys!

My iPad

Everyday, I bring my iPad to school. Of course I also bring my ChaoQ rose gold stylus pens (from Amazon). My most used apps in class are Notability, Dropbox, and GoogleDrive. I only bring my laptop if we have exam reviews or exams since our exams are on the computer.

My pencil bag

I carry a pretty blue, green, and purple cosmetic bag to carry all of my pens, pencils, highlighters, etc. Read my last post to find out exactly what I need for note taking!

Emergency Kit

I am accident prone and allergy prone 24/7. Something always happens to me or my body freaks out. Basically a hot mess. So I always carry a little bottle of allergy pills, pain meds, other pill I could possibly need haha, bandaids, and a nail file.

File Folder

I keep a simple file folder in my purse because its thin and flat. I would bring a binder but it's too bulky. I just keep recent notes I've taken, study guides, and my class schedule.

Headphones

VERY important for before class, break time during lunch, and while you're out studying. I need a pair of headphones all day to be in my zone. I like to sit and get in my zone in the mornings, and keep to myself during lunch. Which headphones I bring just depends on what I see first. My favorites are the Sennheiser earbuds or Frends Layla headphones.

Chargers

I grab a charger if I know I'm going to be at school all day or if I know my laptop/iPad has 50% or less.

Snacks

I am hungry all day! When my brain is working, my stomach is like feed me feed me I have nothing! So my go to snacks are cheerios, granola bars, carrots, or apples.


You May Also Like

1 comments

Instagram @medlifemotive