DIY Desk Calendar

by - January 09, 2018





I saw this Desk Calendar on Pinterest so credit goes to the original post. 
 It looked super easy to make (and it was) so I decided to put my own spin on it! I got all of my supplies from Home Depot and Michael’s and decided to go for larger dimensions since I wanted to use my polaroid pictures. You can totally adjust the dimensions to make it smaller and simpler! All of the supplies can be bought for under $10, especially if you’re downsizing so it makes for a great gift or a budget-friendly DIY! I will also leave my cheaper alternatives at the bottom of the post!



What You'll Need


2, 1in x 6in x 1ft poplar boards $2.64 each
3 Gold cup hooks $2.98 for a 50pk
2, packs of 12 Large gift tags $2.50 each (on sale)
E6000 glue
Ruler
Sharpie marker

Directions

These first few steps are optional but just letting you know exactly what I did! Skip to step 3 for the basics.

  1. I first started by sanding down the edges of the poplar boards. After Home Depot cut my boards there were rough edges and your girl does not want splinters.
  2. I used white acrylic paint that I already had to paint the poplar board for my base. (Honestly, you don’t even need a base but it looks nice)
  3. For the other board, I measured the middle point of the board and 3.5in to the left and right of that point. Since Home Depot didn’t cut to my exact measurements (-__-) placing one in the middle will help you to evenly place the other two hooks.
  4. Screw in your hooks.
  5. After doing that, choose the placement of your calendar on the base. I chose the middle to make it easy and marked where I should glue.
  6. Use any wood glue to place onto the base. I used E6000 glue since I had it already.
  7. For the tags, I free handed the numbers and months with a pencil and then with Sharpie marker over top. Trust me, it’s easier if you have stencils but I worked with what I had.
  8. If you want to do a polaroid version, which I plan on switching to once in a while, just use tape (so it’s not permanent) and place your fave polaroid onto the tag and write down the month for your caption!
  9. Place your tags on the hooks and DONE!



Cheaper Alternatives


Small gift tags (25pk) $2.89 (will not work if you want to do a polaroid calendar)

Glitter washi tape $1.54 (to amp up the gift tags) 



BONUS!

If you were wondering how to make the mason jar pencil cup, it's super easy! I just gave the inside of the mason jar two layers of acrylic paint, then spray painted the silver lids with rose gold spray paint. Let them dry overnight, and voila! Now you have a super cute pencil cup!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I would like to show thanks to you just for useful information. Here You can read about : customized calendars

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @medlifemotive